Aging and Medicare
- Medicare Options Classes
- Medicare Options Workbook
- Medicare Website
- Social Security Website
- Kansas Insurance Department
- Medicare Planfinder Instructions
Adult Development and Aging
- Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services (KDADS)
- Advanced Health Care Planning in Kansas
- Regional Aging Expos 2018
What is SHICK?
SHICK offers one-on-one, non-biased counseling and assistance to people with Medicare and their families. Volunteer counselors receive training on Medicare, Medicare Supplemental Insurance, Long Term Care Insurance, and other health insurance issues that concern Kansans who are on Medicaire. SHICK counselors are not affiliated with the insurance industry. If you are new to Medicare or have questions about Medicare or Medicare related issues, SHICK counselors are available Monday-Wednesday, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. for one-on-one appointments.
Medicare Options Classes
Medicare Options Classes are held several times during the year. Options classes provide basic information on Original Medicare, Medicare Advantage Plans, Medigap or Supplemental Insurance Plans and Medicare Prescription Drug coverage. Check our website for availability.
Do You Need Help Paying For Your Medications?
You may qualify for extra help from Medicare....
Extra Help is available if:
- You have income less than 150% of the Federal Poverty level
- Limited resources-such as, bank accounts, stocks, bonds, IRA's
If you qualify for extra help:
- Medicare will pay 75% or more of your prescription drug cost
- You will automatically receive help paying
- Co-Pays on your medications
- No coverage gap
Do I qualify?
$24,860/ per year
Total no more than
Total no more than
Medicare Savings Program
If you qualify the Medicare Saving Program can help you pay for your Medicare premiums, and possibly your Medicare coinsurance, copayments and deductibles. Contact our office for more information.
Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB):
Can help you pay for, Part A premiums, Part B premiums, deductibles, coinsurance, and copayments.
Low Income Medicare Beneficiary (LMB or SLMB):
Can help you pay for your Part B premium only.
To qualify you must meet the following qualifications in 2017.
under $1,367 per month
|under $1,827 per month
or $21,924 per year